[GNC] Import bug? no account matching options

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 01:11:48 EDT 2019

I am confused about Account ID vs Transaction ID as used in this thread.
They are not the same, and transaction ID would not be used for account ID
purposes anyway.  I have Chase OFX files that have Account ID's but no
transaction ID's that, so far, have imported fine for me, except I never
noticed that some transactions should be missing from imports with
overlapping date ranges because I never download overlapping files.  Yes,
transaction ID's should be present, but GnuCash doesn't crash if they are
missing from OFX files, at least in older 2.6.x releases.

For QIF files, is the problem with the source account ID which only appears
at the beginning of the transaction list or with the 'transfer' account in
each transaction?  I think account ID is optional in QIF files.

David Carlson

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 11:08 PM Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 07:18:21 -0400
> David Reiser via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> > > I have no experience with Chase, but my bank does not use unique
> > > transaction ID codes in their OFX files.
> > >
> > > Liz
> >
> > Then they aren’t standards-compliant ofx files. Gnucash doesn’t
> > display them anywhere, but they are stored with the transactions. Dave
> > --
>

> I know that, but I have not succeeded in getting the bank to change (so
> far).
>
> Liz

David Carlson