[GNC] Can not insert text on transaction after import QIF

dmeece dmeece12 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 18:47:41 EDT 2019

Thanks David for that update,

I'm saving that information for the time to attempt to build this again.
Tricky is an understatement for cmake - totally unforgiving - if it's not
precisely tuned, it will spray files all over the place.  I have no idea how
to proof the key cmaketxt files for the compiler on gnucash - Ubuntu/LM, to
verify its loading or even error checking capabilities. I had no clue that
LM needed additional dependency files - I was trusting the gnucash website
for completion there.

You are correct I had been attempting the $HOME/.local build with the
directory structure exactly as you described.  I also see the problems that
it can develop.  As I have drifted through various accounting programs for
the last 20 years or so, gnucash was the better idea for me and I converted
all my systems over to it - so I need to get this right.
 I will get off that $HOME/.local and go to the /usr/local build you
described when it's that time again. I will also review that kitware install
of cmake 3.15.3 - its suppose to be new also. Incidentally, it does show up
in the synaptic - maybe that will help in the uninstall/install sequence.
Of course I will be totally backed up and the entire OS timeshifted-
rebuilding a production machine is definitely a time waster.
Thanks
David