[GNC] OFX import for Multiple Visa

Kevin Hale Boyes kcboyes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 21:46:14 EDT 2019

This sounded like excellent advice so I gave it a try but unfortunately I
ran into trouble.
The delete-account dialog must filter the list of accounts to move
transactions to because the one I wanted wouldn't show up.
I couldn't type it manually either because when I tabbed off the field it
just reset it.

I know I'm not supposed to do it but I edited the gnucash file directly to
move the transactions.
Then I deleted the old VISA account.

I then imported the OFX for the new VISA and it prompted me as desired -
yay!
But then I imported the OFX for the old VISA and it now goes to the new
VISA without prompting.

Very frustrating.
I may create a bug to see if I can get some feedback from devs.

Anyway, the old VISA is going to be retired soon so now that the
transactions are going to the new VISA account it'll be tolerable to enter
transactions manually for a while.

Thanks everyone for the help you've given me.
I really appreciate it.

Kevin.