[GNC] importing transactions with splits

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 22:35:28 EDT 2020

What I have been able to download from Amazon looks more like an invoice
than a transaction.  Same with purchases at Kohl's.  I have so few
transactions that I just open the page with a spreadsheet program then cut
and paste the fields I want into a transaction.  If someone has a better
way I would love to see it

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 8:56 PM Jeremy Mordkoff <jeremy.mordkoff at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This has to be a solved problem, but I cannot find the solution.
>
> I am importing amazon transactions. Date and description are easy. But how
> do I create a split transaction from the item cost, shipping, taxes and
> total columns? Can I do that as a CSV or do I have to convert it to some
> other format?
>
> --
> Jeremy Mordkoff
>
> *Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no
> harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more
> to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.*
> -- John Stuart Mill, 1867

David Carlson