[GNC] What is Unrealized Losses/Gain in Balance Sheet Report ?

Long Phamhoanglongvn at outlook.com
Wed Apr 8 02:05:55 EDT 2020

Hello,

First, i'm not an accounting, and trying to use GnuCash to manager my
finances.

I'm managing multiple currency in GnuCash, and i created Bank account for
each currency i had.

And everytime my currency rate changed, i changed it in "Price Database".
And Balance Sheet report show me Unrealized Losses/Gain on the Equity Tab. I
don't understand what it's mean and should i remove it ? and how ?

For example : My default currency is VND
--------------------------------
Assets: 120 VND
- USD : 10$ -- 20 VND
- VND : 100 VND
Equity : 120VND
--------------------------------
Rate is : 1 usd = 2 VND
And when i changed rate : 1 usd = 3 vnd
--------------------------------
Assets : 130 VND
- USB : 10$ -- 30vnd
- VND : 100 VND
Equity : 120VND
That it. If i transfer money between that accounts, it auto exchange money
for me. Which mean i transfer 10$ to VND when the rate is 1-3, i have 130VND
in VND bank.
Then, Balance Sheet Report will show Unrealized Gain about : 10VND.

Please help me. Thank you.