[GNC] What is Unrealized Losses/Gain in Balance Sheet Report ?

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 04:22:25 EDT 2020

Hi Long,

Am 08.04.20 um 08:05 schrieb Long:
> And everytime my currency rate changed, i changed it in "Price Database".
> And Balance Sheet report show me Unrealized Losses/Gain on the Equity Tab. I
> don't understand what it's mean and should i remove it ? and how ?

Example
Persons A and B bought each a troy ounce Gold [XAU] this year:
A @ 100 USD,
B @ 70 USD,
Currently it is noted ~90 USD.

The balance sheet of A will now show 10 USD unrealized losses and
that of B 20 USD unrealized gains.

Unrealized means: If you had sold it, when you last queried the quote,
you would have realized the gain or loss, but you didn't.

But it helps you to estimate the current market value of your assets.

To learn, if you have to revalue your assets e.g at the end of the
financial periode, you should contact your local CPA.

Regards
Frank