[GNC] Price of gold

Ralph suselist at cableone.net
Wed Apr 8 19:03:41 EDT 2020

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 18:18:32 +0100
Eric Coates via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> My gold is in the form of Sovereigns (each of about 7.5gms) and I
> guess that the only reliable way to get a value of it is by offering
> it for sale.

Actually, sovereigns nowadays are so close to being a 'currency' in
themselves, frequently no 'conversions to a currency' are needed.  But
for a current up-to-the-minute valuation in multiple other currencies
you can use the aforementioned kitco's buy price for sovereigns at the
following link (it says 'sell' on the page because YOU are doing the
selling :)

https://online.kitco.com/sell/807/2354-oz-Gold-British-Sovereign-Coin-9167-807

note: the link may wrap due to length so cut n paste into your browser
instead of clicking on the link, if that occurs.

note2: I have no interest in Kitco, except as a customer who sells
sovereigns to them on a frequent basis (received in payment for my
products), so this is not spam and is presented as useful info.

Ralph