[GNC] Gnucash 3.9 Flathub stucks

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Apr 9 04:13:01 EDT 2020

Op woensdag 8 april 2020 15:34:59 CEST schreef Frank H. Ellenberger:
> Hi,
>
> Am 08.04.20 um 13:49 schrieb F:
> > Hello Frank,
> >
> > [....]$ flatpak run org.gnucash.GnuCash
> >
> > 📦 org.gnucash.GnuCash ~]$  locate /app/lib/guile/2.2/ccache/
> > 📦 org.gnucash.GnuCash ~]$
>
> That was not meant as a command.
>
> > I do not understand why I need the first and second commands.
> >
> > Manually I cannot find that path.
>
> On my machine i have one at
> /home/frank/.local/share/flatpak/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/current/active/file
> s/lib/guile/2.2/ccache
>
> Because I am not absolutely sure, you should better move the content to
> another place.
>
> Frank

Removing these files is a bad idea and the commands given are unlikely to be able to do so. The
directory is read only in flatpak run mode.

You are probably running into this bug:
https://github.com/flathub/org.gnucash.GnuCash/issues/24

We still haven't been able to pin-point why this sometimes happens.

You can work around this issue by executing a couple of commands.

However you first have to figure out where the flatpaks are installed on your system. This can
be in your user home directory or system-wide.

To determine this, look for a directory named "org.gnucash.GnuCash" in either
/var/lib/flatpak/app
or

$HOME/.local/share/flatpak/app

Then in a terminal window cd into the org.gnucash.GnuCash directory you found and run the
following command:

find . -name '*.go' -exec touch '{}' ';'

Mind the quotes, they are important.
With this your next run or the gnucash flatpak should no longer try to recompile all the guile
sources.

What remains is a command to cleanup earlier recompile attempts to prevent future updates
from tripping over those:

rm -fr $HOME/.var/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/cache/guile $HOME/.cache/guile
Please let us know if this helps.