[GNC] Gnucash 3.9 Flathub stucks

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Apr 9 04:19:40 EDT 2020

Op woensdag 8 april 2020 09:46:56 CEST schreef Frank H. Ellenberger:
> Hi F,
>
> Am 08.04.20 um 09:17 schrieb F:
> > Thank you Geert!
> >
> > There are a lot of errors, most of them - "source file newer than
> > compiled".
> >
> > I have attached the output below.
> >

> > dfg at HP2760p:~$ flatpak run org.gnucash.GnuCash --logto stdout
> >
> > (process:13771): flatpak-WARNING **: 10:00:16.922: Error writing
> > credentials to socket: Error sending message: Broken pipe
> > ;;; note: source file /app/share/guile//2.2/ice-9/psyntax-pp.scm
> > ;;;       newer than compiled
> > /app/lib/guile/2.2/ccache/ice-9/psyntax-pp.go
>
> flatpak run --command=sh org.gnucash.GnuCash
>
> locate /app/lib/guile/2.2/ccache/
> and remove the whole content
>
> on the next start guile will compile them again.
>
> Geert, I wonder if there is a hook, where we can do it, if the user
> updated the package.

There is no runtime hook to do this. As I wrote in my other reply, at sandbox startup all of /app/
lib is mounted read-only. There is no way a command run later in that sandbox can make any
change at all to /app/lib.

The only way to fix it is before the flatpak starts. I have filed an issue upstream with flatpak
itself, but so far there has been no answer
https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/3064

Regards,

Geert