[GNC] Auto-delete imbalance with no value in split

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 02:13:48 EDT 2020

It would be nice if zero value imbalances would disappear automatically,
but they don't.  The methods described in the reference that you found ae a
couple ways to get rid of them.  I usually delete the Imbalance split line
from the asset or liability register where the transaction resides.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 1:03 AM Håkon Fremstad <h.fremstad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Whenever I change the value of a split-transaction, I get an imbalance
> with the difference. And after I fix the imbalance in the
> split-transaction the imbalance stays there with no value. Is there a
> way to make these empty imbalances disappear automatically to make
> things neater?
>
> I've tried searching for my problem in the archives. The closest thing I
> could find was
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2017-January/068469.html
> but I don't think it's exactly the thing I'm wondering about.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Håkon

David Carlson