[GNC] Auto-delete imbalance with no value in split

D. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 13:16:00 EDT 2020

I have used empty splits to anchor a transaction for a stock spin off to the originating company. Say IBM spun off shares for AAPL. Without an empty split for IBM in the new AAPL shares-in transaction, there's no way to see the connection between the original company and the new one. I wouldn't be happy to lose that link.