[GNC] Gnucash and Windows 10 Aero snap feature

ameet at sengar.com ameet at sengar.com
Sat Apr 11 17:41:44 EDT 2020

Hi All,

Is there a property in a gnucash config that I can edit to allow aero snap
control handed to windows 10? It seems gnucash 3.x series doesn't get along
with this feature.

I have an ultrawide monitor. In default mode, if I snap gnucash to left or
right side, it snaps perfectly fine and allows me to select tiles to snap to
the opposing side.  However, if I snap another window first, then gnucash
will disappear. There is no gnucash tile to select. I have to bring gnucash
back to the visible screen by clicking its icon the toolbar and then
manually moving and sizing gnucash into place.

The problem is more pronounced when I chop my display into 3 or 4 splits. In
this mode, gnucash will not snap to either side or middle splits. If I snap
other apps first, gnucash will again just disappear. If I change the order
of my splits, gnucash will not follow. It just floats in its spot or it ends
up disappearing behind other apps.

Cheers,

Ameet