[GNC] Keeping Imported Transactions from Overwriting Data?

D. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 12 10:17:27 EDT 2020

Frank,

On the first point, I'd note that the books in question are mine; changing the transaction date from MY date to the bank's date would seem to contradict that.

I was unaware that the matcher would match transactions that have different amounts. That seems worrying.

Generally speaking, if I've entered my own description (whether by manually entering it, by a scheduled transaction, or use autofill), I prefer to use MY description. Why else would I have done that work in the first place?

I don't know about common practice in the EU (which I believe is your location), but my experience in the US is that the bank's descriptions are meaningless machine mumbo jumbo that begin with a transaction code that precludes any meaningful grouping of transactions by description. Accepting the bank's descriptions over my own never made any sense to me.

David T.