[GNC] After a long hiatus I'm trying to restart using GNC for my accounting/tax needs. I have some old GNC files, but can't open them correctly.

John Clark jeclark2006 at aim.com
Sun Apr 12 17:19:55 EDT 2020

I had tediously entered in my checking account transactions, into a 2016 file, save it with the ‘log’ files, etc. but now when I open Gnucash, I only see a 2018 file, which I only had a few entries, I tried ‘importing’ from *.log, but that only did one limited thing, resulting in ‘orphan’ label.

How does one recover using the log files, or why isn’t there some ‘master' file at some point, of which the incremental log files are just updates?

John Clark.