[GNC] After a long hiatus I'm trying to restart using GNC for my accounting/tax needs. I have some old GNC files, but can't open them correctly.

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Apr 12 17:49:26 EDT 2020

The file that ends in .gnucash is your data file.

Also, that file name should generally not have a long string of numbers in it preceding the .gnucash. (this would be a date stamp) Such a named file will be a backup file not the main one.

You can ‘replay’ the log files, but I’ve never used it to advise further.

Note, if you are on Mac, you can’t double-click to open it. You have to start GnuCash and use File > Open.

Regards,
Adrien