[GNC] Should i create Equity for each currency i had ?

Long Phamhoanglongvn at outlook.com
Tue Apr 14 04:06:20 EDT 2020

Hello,

I saw GnuCash guided you in chapter 12 that you should create Equity for
each currency.
But i don't think so, Because when you do that, you will never know
"Gain/Loss" when you look into Report. Because when the exchange rate
changed, both assets and equity will be the same.
I think i should only use my currency (default) in equity accounts (opening
balances), then using "currency transfer" to transfer money to each assets,
in this way, i will know "gain/loss" in my book time period. Right ?

Regards.