[GNC] Online price updating

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Apr 14 12:29:50 EDT 2020

> On Apr 13, 2020, at 11:37 AM, Mohamed Omar <attasuae at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
> I am testing GnuCash personal finance program ability to update our UAE Finantial Stock Market (Abu Dhabi – ADX & Dubai DFM) .
> I followed the steps of using Finance::Qoute by downloading the file and ActivePerl software. I become upset due to unfortunately my lack of understand some process.
> Can you advise me if I could obtain of market stock prices after complete the installing the the patch file on my PC.

AFAICT there is no module in Finance::Quote for retrieving data from either of those exchanges, but the stock quotes might be available through Yahoo. You can test that by trying to get quotes from the Yahoo finance web site. If you can figure out the right symbols to look up then you can set up your securities in GnuCash with those symbols and set the price quote source to yahoo-json.

Regards,
John Ralls.