[GNC] Saving Data

Andrew Ralph andrew.ralph at icloud.com
Mon Apr 13 18:31:58 EDT 2020

Thanks for your reply
I am on macOS Mojave version 10.14.6

The error Message is “The file/URI/Uesers/macuser/desktop/Lake 19-20.gnucash could not be found. The file is in the history list do you want to remove it.”

The process I am going through
Making an new set of accounts
File- new-file-go through new account set up
File-Save as-

Data format-xml
Name lake 19 20.gnucash
Desktop-macuser-desktop create file lake19 20

Making another new set of accounts
File- new-file-go through new account set up
Then
Save as
Data format-xml
Name Oxley 19 20.gnucash
Desktop-macuser-desktop create file Oxley 19 20

Now have 2 files on the desktop the first file, Lake 19 20 and the Oxley 19 20 both have the Oxley accounts in them.

Following the file open in Gnucash is retrieving the correct accounts from the saved files on the desktop, even though opening from the desktop they are different??

 I will work with opening from Gnucash and see how I go, wondering about the implications for back up?

Thanks a lot for your advice, really helpful

Regards
Andrew