[GNC] About bookkeeping and claiming non-currency expenses.

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 10:47:53 EDT 2020

This question is for the resident accountants and bookkeeping.

As we know if our book has *complete and* *perfect* information, the
reports make accountant very happy.

But there are numerous tax deductions allowed, that don't necessarily
belong in the book. For example:
- claiming mileage in dollar per km for business travel
- claiming home running costs (e.g. claiming $0.80/hour working from home
allowance)
- further examples welcome. etc.

Do bookkeepers have a method to record this data safely (i.e. satisfies the
accounting equation...) in the datafile, suitable for audit?

Thanks!