[GNC] Flatpak settings folder

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Apr 22 06:29:43 EDT 2020

Op woensdag 22 april 2020 11:49:25 CEST schreef Manfred Usselmann:
> > I have added these two locations to our Configuration Locations wiki page
> > now. https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations
>
> This wiki page is looking quite complex. Currently I'm sharing the
> following folders from my home dir:
>
> ".aqbanking" ".gnucash" ".abtransfers" ".local/share/gnucash"
> ".gconf/apps/gnucash" ".config/gnucash"
> Does that look right for a standard Linux installation (without flatpak)
> or am I missing something?

There is a dedicated wiki entry on backing up [1]. The Configuration Locations page is meant as
an overview for other pages to refer to.

As for the list of directories:
- .gconf/apps/gnucash is obsolete, unless you are still running GnuCash 2.4.x
- .gnucash is only used by gnucash 2.6.x and older.
- if you are using gnucash 2.6.x or more recent you are currently not backing up your user
preferences (the ones found under Edit->Preferences). See the backup wiki for more details.

Regards,

Geert

[1] https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Backup