[GNC] Gnucash logs

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sun Apr 26 19:31:28 EDT 2020

Tom, Stan,

The log files are not just error logging files but a means of reconstructing
the current file just before a failure from the last backup file before
failure and the log files between them. Agreed it would be nice to have a
subfolder of the folder with the main GnuCash data file in it to keep these
separate. I always create my data files for mybooks in their own folder so I
only end up with the backups and the log files for the particular main data
file in that folder.  I think it is desirable to retain the direct
connection between the backup and log files and the main data file they
belong to.

When I do external backups, I backup both the main data file and the backup
and log files that i have chosen to retain not just the data file

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens