[GNC] Change account type by editing XML?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Apr 29 15:47:52 EDT 2020

1. Create new accounts as the proper type in the proper place in the tree.

2. Delete each of the current accounts, one at a time, you wish to change.

3. GnuCash will ask you, for each deletion, what you want to do with the transactions the account currently contains.

4. Choose the option to re-assign them to the corresponding new account.

Since they are both assets (A/R is an asset) this should go smoothly.

Do a test with one account on a copy of the data file just to be sure there are no unforseen issues.

Regards,
Adrien