[GNC] Change account type by editing XML?

david whiting dw at davidwhiting.me.uk
Thu Apr 30 14:05:32 EDT 2020

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 11:05, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:

[snip]

> It could be called a bug. However business accounts (AR and AP) hold more data than other accounts. Moving away from that account could hence result in data loss that's not immediately obvious.
>
> As it turned out to be too complicated to isolate in which exact conditions it is safe or possible, we have chosen to not allow it in any case for the time being.
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert

That gives me some hints about what to look for when I examine the
file and structure of these accounts in more detail. I only have a
handful of invoices that I have issued and processed and I can compare
them with these accounts that shouldn't be in A/R. I haven't issued
any invoices for these accounts.

David
--
David Whiting