[GNC] Matcher for qfx files

Dale Alspach alspachde at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 15:23:13 EDT 2020

The first stage of the import does not appear to be using ACCTID. I was
only asked once for each security which gnucash account to use though in a
few cases there were transactions for the same security in more than one
TIAA account. Worse the ACCTID information, which includes the contract
number, is not being displayed at this stage so this is nearly useless. It
may be that the next stage matcher uses the ACCTID information, but because
its memory was wiped with the upgrade I cannot tell.

gnucash 3.8 is the current version in the package manager. Upgrading would
require finding another source for a built package, using a flatpak or
compiling it myself. I scanned through the release notes and bug reports
and did not see anything specifically related to this issue.

A possibility is that TIAA has changed something in the qfx data. I did not
investigate this possibility.

Dale