[GNC] Correcting an incorrect amount on a payment

Tim Quinn tim.quinn at att.net
Tue Aug 4 10:15:57 EDT 2020

> On Aug 3, 2020, at 11:05 PM, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>
> Not really sure what you mean by 'in place' but I think you can edit the original payment transaction amount (since it is in excess of what was applied later) and all *might* flow correctly afterwards. You'll have to try it to find out.

Thanks very much for the suggestion. From the General Journal I changed the amount directly.

That created a new line with the account “Imbalance-USD” for the correct remaining amount. I was able to change the account to Assets:Accounts Receivable (which is what the entries for other customers with prepaid balances look like).

I also edited the “Num” column entry for the new line to be “Payment” which is displayed for the prepayment balances for other customers.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks again.

- Tim