[GNC] Request for help with GnuCash 4.1

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 22:55:51 EDT 2020

There are two others that have had similar experiences and reported here,
while several others have not had a problem.  It would be helpful to learn
as exact details as possible, such as which release of Windows 10 do you
have and exactly what error message did you receive and at what point
during the install.  The others thought that Windows Defender was the
culpret so was that involved in your case?

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 9:46 PM David Jaggar <davidjaggar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello to Whom this concerns:
>
> I'm not quite sure if I am sending this request to the correct place.
> Anyway, I am wanting help with updating to the latest version 4.1 or even
> 4.0 since the problem shows up there also.
> When I down load the software on my computer using the very latest Windows
> 10 with upgrades, I get this error message:
> "Blocked because program could have harmed your device" or something to
> that effect.
> So I'm completely unable to upgrade Gnucash, seemingly because it is a
> problem with the software itself.
>
> Would you be willing to please advise,
> Cheers,
> David Jaggar.