[GNC] Correcting an incorrect amount on a payment

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Aug 5 22:57:36 EDT 2020

I do my best to make each transaction model the real-world event. So if
the transaction looks like 2 checks instead of one (when there was only
1) then I'd edit the original credit to checking to reflect the full and
proper amount and delete the second credit to checking and the
transaction should still balance.

I'd do this just in case I would ever review this event in the future
and not have to worry about being confused or something not matching up
to external records.

But if you're happy with it and as long as everything works out for you,
then it is fine to have two credits summing to the total of the check.
(maybe add something to the Notes or Memos for your future self to
document this)

Regards,
Adrien