[GNC] help to set up equity sub-accounts opening balances

Marilyn Graves Kimple mgkimple at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 8 18:33:03 EDT 2020

> This has
>gotten crazy....why not>just use the spreadsheet, no value is added and possibly mistakes are
>introduced in whatever you are doing trying to make equity accounts report
>something.
I had about come to that conclusion myself. I guess I will just set these up as expense accounts. I have not read ahead to see how you close a month in GnuCash, but I used to divvy up my "profits" among these three accounts so my P/L report shows a zero.
In the meantime I will keep separate spreadsheets and all will be well. Apparently you can't get there from here. I was probably not doing it right but it was so easy in my old program... (she said wistfully--no offense). Thanks for all your help.
Best regards, mgk