[GNC] help to set up equity sub-accounts opening balances

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Aug 8 23:00:39 EDT 2020

You don't *need* to close a month or year, though you certainly can if
you want to.

In the old days of pen and paper, 'closing' was the process of migrating
balances from temporary accounts to Equity in preparation of reports.

With computers, that is not necessary. In GnuCash, you can just run the
desired reports for any time period or 'as of' date you wish and you
never have to close anything.

Regards,
Adrien