[GNC] help increasing size of font in GnuCash?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Aug 17 21:19:43 EDT 2020

If you read the wiki carefully you'll realize that configuration files are looked for in USER_CONFIG_HOME, not USER_DATA_HOME. On Linux and macOS Gtk (and most other modern Linux desktop programs) use the XDG spec (https://specifications.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html) and the default for XDG_CONFIG_HOME is $HOME/.config.

For macOS Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/etc/gnucash/environment set XDG_CONFIG_HOME to $HOME/Library/Application Support/Gnucash/config, so you can put a gtk.css or setup.ini there.

Gtk looks through a set of hardwired locations as well as XDG_CONFIG_HOME, most of which are for backward compatibility: ~/.gtk-3.0.css, ~/.gtk-3.0/gtk.css, and ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css, ~/.gtk-3.0/setting.ini, ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini.

Regards,
John Ralls