[GNC] Print to file Vs Make Pdf

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Aug 18 10:09:26 EDT 2020

Op zaterdag 15 augustus 2020 05:22:08 CEST schreef Peter West:
> On Mac, the system print dialogue includes a write to PDF option, and you
> can install a CUPS-PDF printer driver. I think there are alternatives as
> well. Microsoft used to have a Microsoft Print to PDF option for its
> printer drivers.
>
> Depending on you OS, install one of these, and specify it as you default
> printer before starting your print from Gnucash.
>
> Peter

Absolutely. Linux has the same feature. However the Make PDF option in GnuCash was very
convenient as it would generate a sensible name for the PDF to generate. Particularly with
invoices that would be handy, as the pdf names would reflect the customer name and invoice
number. That could save a lot of typing when generating many invoices.

Anyway, the option is currently no longer available. It would require someone to jump in and
figure out how to do what webkit did before - export the output of a report to pdf. It is probably
still possible in some way, but so far no one has found time or interest do sort it out.

Regards,

Geert