[GNC] help increasing size of font in GnuCash?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Aug 18 12:26:38 EDT 2020

Please remember to copy the list on all replies. On Apple Mail the easiest way is to use the doubled-arrow reply button.

It's certainly true that developers have a different way of looking at software than do users without programming experience. The wiki page and much of the manual were written by developers for the simple reason that technical writers tend not to engage in Free software projects, perhaps because they have to deal more directly with developers than they like, there being no management to insulate them. For Gnome-based projects like GnuCash that's compounded by the requirement to use an arcane markup language in order to support the Gnome help viewer. There have been numerous proposals to change it over the years but none have gained any traction.

Yes, it would be useful to have a section in Chapter 10 about Gtk customization, along with a lot of other updating to the documentation. Sadly another characteristic of developers is that we'd generally prefer to spend our time writing code than documentation so there are lots of holes in the documentation and lots of obsolete stuff as well.

Regards,
John Ralls