[GNC] GTK Inspector blowing up on Mint 20 (was Re: help increasing size of font in GnuCash?)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Aug 18 13:58:13 EDT 2020

It could also be a bug in the minty theme or in Gtk. Something tried to pass a nullptr for a cursor and whoever coded gdk_window_set_cursor_internal decided that that's such an awful problem that the program should crash instead of logging an error and leaving the cursor as-is.

Without a full stack trace it's impossible to know what called it with a nullptr. Can one of you repeat the experiment after installing the debugging symbols for libgtk, libgdk, and GnuCash and starting GnuCash in gdb, then get a stack trace? More detailed instructions at https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Stack_Trace.

Regards,
John Ralls