[GNC] GTK Inspector blowing up on Mint 20 (was Re: help increasing size of font in GnuCash?)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Aug 18 23:19:55 EDT 2020

Nah, it's not *that* low level. It's all in how Gdk represents a user's monitors, keyboards, and pointing devices. That's changed quite a bit in the last 5 years or so as the Gtk4 design has evolved and GnuCash hasn't really been paying attention: It's still mostly a Gtk2 application with only the minimum amount of change needed to make it work in Gtk3.

The best I'd expect you to do to help debug it would be to get a complete stack trace with line numbers and a dump of local variables from `bt full` in the debugger after installing the Gtk and GnuCash debugging symbols.

Regards,
John Ralls