[GNC] Modify the report

doncram doncram at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 10:37:33 EDT 2020

Job costing, as covered in accounting textbooks and as implemented in some
software versions including desktop Quickbooks Pro (but not in some other
versions of Quickbooks), is not available in GnuCash.  Job costing allows a
construction business, say, to track expenses associated with each separate
building project.  I participated in a recent thread about that, and I have
asserted it is an important feature to support if possible, in my opinion
in top 5 needs.  A work-around to cover just one job, say, is to set up
additional permanent accounts in the chart of accounts for expenses of that
one job.  But if you need tracking for hundreds of jobs that is not
workable.

If you don't mind, could you possibly please share roughly what your
interest is, what your kind of business or your client's business is, what
would a job be, approximately how many jobs might you want to track
separately?  Are you already using GnuCash and does it otherwise seem to
meet your needs?  Is traditional job costing crucial for you to use GnuCash?

Don