[GNC] Old-New user with an upgrade problem

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Aug 21 10:15:10 EDT 2020

I believe

   python3-gnucash

is what you need.

I have an installation of Mint 20 with GnuCash 3.8 from its repos and
that is the corresponding package which got installed.

Be certain to read over the Wiki FAQ about upgrading. Always have a data
file backup, and run Actions > Check & Repair > Check & Repair All when
first opening your file in the new version.

Also note the current GnuCash version is 4.1. If you want to get fully
up to date, you could build from source (instructions on the Wiki) or
use the Flatpak. You'll need to step through upgrading to a 3.x version
first though. Don't jump straight from 2.6.15 --> 4.1.

Regards,
Adrien