[GNC] bulk operations?

D. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 18:59:17 EST 2020

Of course, one can edit the data using SQL (for a file stored in one of the database formats) or even a text editor (for an uncompressed XML file). Many do so.  But bear in mind that any edits made outside the Gnucash API may affect the reliability of your data set, or even corrupt the data.

Personally, I've never found that these solutions were worth the time it took to set up. By the time I had, I could have just gone through and changed the entries manually.

David T.

[For the problem of varying descriptions that the OP mentioned, for example, I've found it quite simple to put a register in Basic mode, sort by Description, highlight my preferred version, copy it, and then paste it into each transaction by turn, using the down arrow to go to the next transaction. This is very rapid, since it immediately highlights the next entry for pasting.]