[GNC] Possible Jump Enhancement

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 10:25:34 EST 2020

 By the way, thanks to David H for triggering my discovery of the <Alt A -
J> shortcut that eliminates one mouse action out of my work load.

I think this discussion has brought up several interesting comments.

Yes, I already do leave the previous tab open, and, in fact, the previous
tab is often the Since Last Run results tab, or sometimes a 'with children'
tab which are not normally 'Jump to' destinations in the current program
configuration.

Just to stir up the muddy bottom, I too often forget to commit the
transaction in the previous tab, which can mean getting a 'Save the Changed
transaction' warning which doesn't reference exactly which transaction was
changed, or whether it was the cat walking across the keyboard that changed
it.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 8:53 AM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> On 12/9/20 7:43 AM, David Carlson wrote:
> > There is no direct shortcut to jump to another account in the transaction
> > if the focus is presently on the date, number, description or notes.
>
> I understand you were asking for a default, but have you successfully
> tested a custom shortcut to activate the Jump button/menu-entry?
>
> > Actually, I would also like to be able to jump to the last account that I
> > came from in my window history without needing to return to another
> > transaction that contains the desired account or navigating to window
> menu
> > bar.
>
> As in leaving that register tab open and going back to it?
>
> Regards,
> Adrien

David Carlson