[GNC] Possible Jump Enhancement

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Dec 9 11:51:14 EST 2020

On 12/9/20 9:25 AM, David Carlson wrote
> Yes, I already do leave the previous tab open, and, in fact, the previous
> tab is often the Since Last Run results tab, or sometimes a 'with children'
> tab which are not normally 'Jump to' destinations in the current program
> configuration.

I suppose an immediate 'undo closed tab' a la Firefox would be nice, but
then even some/most other browsers don't have this feature, not to
mention other 'tabbed' apps.

> Just to stir up the muddy bottom, I too often forget to commit the
> transaction in the previous tab, which can mean getting a 'Save the Changed
> transaction' warning which doesn't reference exactly which transaction was
> changed, or whether it was the cat walking across the keyboard that changed
> it.

I agree, that error message could be a bit more descriptive, and if I'm
not mistaken, there is a bug report on it, or else I'm just recalling
seeing it discussed before.

Regards,
Adrien