[GNC] How to use Reminders?

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 15:03:00 EST 2020

 Please, wake up and smell the real world small business day old burnt coffee at the end of a 12 hour day when you are trying to do the bookkeeping and still get home for a few hours sleep before it all starts over again...
Look... if you are working the front desk, or the floor, and trying to do other small business duties, doing the books, and trying to keep up with bills from a large quantity of vendors...- And some vendors don't actually send you a bill, they just expect you to know they want their payment by the 10th of the month or whatever...- While other vendors send bills via snail mail...- And other vendors email bills- And now some small vendors are even (exclusively) using Social Media Private Messenger instead of email to send bills...
- So bills are coming in from every direction...Some times it gets very hard to keep up with the mail, email, etc...Results... things fall through the cracks no matter how hard you work.
So now you are telling me to keep up with multiple calendars ! Yet another job piled on the head of some poor owner or employee working at a conically understaffed, hanging on for dear life, small business !!!
Forget the damn boss's birthday and Valentines day... the main issue here is having specific reminders to remember to go find and post every bill that came in from who knows where.
If it were that easy to "just post the bills" the OP would have never been created.
Sorry for the rant, we love GC... but creating/modifying the code for a simple general purpose reminder ain't that big of a job.
My guess here is this is about setting design boundaries to minimize project creep... got it... but this one is so close to the line that I dare characterize it as a reasonable "suggestion"...
There is probably a way to use the current reminder feature to "fake it" just to get an "in your face" reminder to  do whatever. I'll post back  if  I come up with such.