[GNC] barcode & invoices

Liz Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Tue Dec 15 16:37:42 EST 2020

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 21:54:50 +0100
Saša Janiška <gour at atmarama.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using GC to track our personal finances, non-profit account and
> my small 1-man company.However, for generating company's invoices I
> use web-based solution offering ability to have separate
> quotes/invoices etc.
>
> However, I'm considering to simplify my workflow and take advantage
> of GC's invoicing features. Of ocurse, I'd need to customize several
> things by adding some custom data to the invoice, but wonder how to
> e.g. add time when the invoice is generated or what is the
> recommended customization method in GC-4.2?
>
> Moreover, since the beginning of 2021 every invoice in Croatia when
> paid via cash must have QR code soe that end customer can check its
> fiscalization data via tax office. I plan to void dealing with cash,
> but many/most of generated invoice do contain barcode which enables
> one to use his/her smart phone and scan the barcode via banking
> application for easy payment, so I am interested how that feature
> could be added to GC-created invoices? (I'm running Debian Sid...)
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

Gour, the use of a QR code in that context is interesting. I have few
ideas about generating a QR code and putting it on the invoice. Is it
the same code each time (easier) or a new code each time (hard)?

I worry about the fraud opportunities when the payment details are not
easily seen. How are people asked to verify correct banking details on
these QR-coded invoices?

Liz