[GNC] barcode & invoices

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Wed Dec 16 08:17:42 EST 2020

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 18:17:36 -0600 (CST)
David Cousens <davidcousens at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Good find but the perennial problem arises  Bulgaria, Croatia,
> Czechia, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Sweden are not in the
> Eurozone and don't comply/use the EPC system within Europe, at least
> as yet but it looks like a good start.

Can you shed some light on the above?

All the above countries are part of EU and I'm not sure how does EPC can help
in regard?

> It would appear that the QR code in the EPC guidelines is pretty well
> defined. My generic QR code reader on my phone returns the correct
> information from the examples.  I don't know how universal the use of IBAN
> and BIC codes is outside of Europe...

As I can see here, barcode scanner does contain only few data - total amount to
be paid, purpose of payment and IBAN of the receiver (model of payment etc.).
Iow. I'm not looking for universal solution to be available in GC, but just
some hooks so that we as end-user can select what to include in the barcode to
customize it locally...

With QR code is bit different story as I learnt about its use on invoices in
Croatia.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
When your intelligence has passed out of the dense forest
of delusion, you shall become indifferent to all that has