[GNC] barcode & invoices

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Dec 16 17:35:58 EST 2020

The listed countries are not a part of the Single Euro Payments Area at this
stage while Austria, Germany, France, Belgium, Italy,Latvia ,Lithuania,
Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden,
UK appear to be participants. The link to the EPC re QR codes were in
Christopher Lam's but the guidlines for QR codes are
https://www.europeanpaymentscouncil.eu/document-library/guidance-documents/quick-response-code-guidelines-enable-data-capture-initiation.

In Australia at present there is no requirement for a barcode or QR code on
receipts and we don't comply with regard to use of the IBAN bank account
identifier and the BIC banking information code. We do have a parallel
system of bank account numbers and a BSB code which identifies the bank and
account  and this information is passed to our tax office but  these do not
conform with the BIC and IBAN codes in use in Europe under the EPC at the
moment. For international transfers from here we supply the IBAN code for
the target account in electronic funds transfers for countries using that
system (Europe, Middle East , Caribbean). The IBAN codes have a 2 character
country identifier followed by a code internal to each country to identify
bank, branch and customer account which is up to 34 characters long. This
usually includes the SWIFT Business Identifier Code (8-11 characters).

-----
David Cousens