[GNC] sequential use of Gnucash on multiple computers

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Dec 20 20:08:40 EST 2020

I'm not certain about the MySQL or PostgreSQL options, but with SQLite,
I have no such issue. Also with the default XML you shouldn't have any
problem either.

To be clear, separate computers, at separate times, can access the same
file. You should not attempt to access the same file at the same time,
from separate computers.

While various db backends may take out a lock, the XML default removes
the lock after a proper shutdown. I would think the db backends would
likewise release their locks after a proper shutdown of GnuCash.

Perhaps you are not closing GnuCash properly on computer 1 before
accessing from computer 2?

Regards,
Adrien