[GNC] Can't get GNUCASH to work on OSX

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 19:00:47 EST 2020

> On 29 Dec 2020, at 20:58, David H <hellvee at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ralph,
>
> Go to system prefs under Security and Policy and see if there's  a prompt to allow Gnucash to run - working from memory here so I think that's where it used to show up for me.
>
> Michael,
>
> Check your system prefs under Security and Policy - I have "Allow apps downloaded from:" set to "App Store and identified developers" and don't get prompted to allow a new version to run.

Thanks, David.

I have mine set to “Anywhere”, which I would imagine is a superset of “App Store and identified developers”, but I still get the prompt.

>  All I ever do is mount and open the dmg, CTRL-A to select all files and in Applications CTRL-V to paste and select copy over if I already have Gnucash installed.

I mount and open the DMG, then drag the App into the Applications folder, opting to overwrite the existing copy. As far as I can tell, there’s no need to “select all” and copy.

(Presumably you use <Cmd>-a and <Cmd>-v on your Mac, not the CTRL-A etc?)

Michael