[GNC] QIF file import failed -- but no errors or warnings

crazylyle lyle at austin.rr.com
Wed Feb 12 15:45:13 EST 2020

I have been using Quicken for decades, but the recent change to an annual
subscription model, instead of buying the program on a disc, is driving me
away.  So I wanted to try GnuCash.

I installed gnucash and have Version 3.7.

I created a QIF file on my Windows 10 machine (using Quicken 2017) and moved
it to a file on my Linux box.

Then I opened gnucash for the first time,  and selected the menu item File >
Import,
walked thru all the steps for a QIF Import, changing nothing, and finally
got to the
point where it says "When you press the Start Button, GnuCash will import
your
QIF data.  If there are no errors or warnings, you will automatically
proceed to the next
step.  Otherwise the details will be shown below for your review."

But all I get (that I can see) is a one-word "Failed".  If I then click
Next, I go to the Qif Import Summary
which says "There was a problem with the import."

All of which is of really no help at all.

Where do I find a statement of what errors or warnings it had?

jim