[GNC] Failed - import of QIF files from Quicken

Santhosh Paul editor.smp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 21:24:11 EST 2020

Hi Ron,

        One thing you could try for troubleshooting purposes is to restrict
the import to a narrow date range (say, a day) to reduce the number of
transactions.

           Recently, I was struggling with QIF import failure from Gnucash
Android. I was presented with a date format selection, and after I selected
what I thought was the right format, the import suddenly quit without any
warning or message.

        After reading up on the import process, I opened the QIF file with
a text editor. I found the date format used was different from the one I'd
assumed.

           Since then, the sun has been shining and the birds have been
singing.

       Good luck to you on solving your problem. I have Gnucash 2.6.6
running on Windows 10.

Santhosh