[GNC] How to change MANY Deposits to Withdrawals? (Import error)

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 16 14:14:03 EST 2020

 Well, turns out I did have a copy of the GC file just before import :-)And I have the data ready to import again.I can experiment and find this out but my question now is...

Does the sign need to be minus for Withdrawals?
I think, when I originally imported the 663 transactions I may have had both the Deposit & Withdrawal columns populated with positive numbers...
Our bank puts deposits & withdrawals in the same column with a negative sign for withdrawals...
Preparing the spreadsheet for import into GC I used
=if(A2>0, A2,) to get the positive numbers into the Deposit column and then used=if(A2<0, A2,) to get the negative numbers into the Withdrawal field.So the withdrawal column should have the negative sign in front of each withdrawal...Maybe GC wants both to be positive and uses the Column Heading to figure things out... I'm not sureI'll experiment
Anyway thanks for talking me through this guys :-)
Wish me luck.