[GNC] How to enter value when budgeting? And meaning ?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Feb 19 03:22:52 EST 2020

You’re welcome, and your English is certainly good enough to get the point across, no worries.

As for the currency issue, this usually isn’t set by GnuCash. You set this in your operating system settings.

Unfortunately, I don’t use Windows, so I can’t help further, but it should be in settings related to Language and Region.

You should see the option to set what character to use for groupings and decimals. I’d think you’d have the option to use ’none’.

On my Mac, when I switch to Vietnamese Dong only the ‘grouping’ character choice has any effect. The decimal option doesn’t let me choose ’none’ because it doesn’t display a decimal at all. Maybe Windows isn’t as fancy, but you should be able to set the option for decimal to ’none'.

Note, you’ll then need to set GnuCash’s Currency preference to ‘Locale’ if it is not set that way already.

Regards,
Adrien