[GNC] Precision in exchange rate conversion

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Feb 19 12:26:42 EST 2020

Check that Preferences > General > Numbers > 'Force Prices to display as decimals' is *unchecked*.

This should result in fractions being shown rather than being rounded or truncated. You may need to have Trading Accounts turned on, but I could be mistaken.

The total decimals used I think has something to do with the setting of the involved currencies.

Both BRL and GBP are set to 1/100 as the lowest fractional piece of currency. Thus an exchange between them will preserve 4 decimal places. (1/100 * 1/100 = 1/10000)

Unfortunately, I don’t see a way to edit this field as it is greyed out in the Security Editor.

Regards,
Adrien